This tutorial is for Cantus Index contributors, showing how to add new chant in the Cantus Index (CI).
Starting situation: You have found a chant in your manuscript which does not seem to be included in Cantus Index (CI).
1) Make sure the chant is not included in CI. Search for any single word from the text where spelling is clear. Please note that CI uses standardized full texts.
3) Go to the menu item Chants -> Add new chant
4) In the form, fill in the obligatory fields:
- Full text
5) If possible, select also the field
6) If the chant is remarkably similar to other chant (differences in more than 1 word / missing words), please enter the Cantus ID of similar chant (more info coming soon).
7) If the chant is a verse.... (more info coming soon)
8) Click Save
9) On the next page you will see the new Cantus ID number of the chant for use in your manuscript index.